Friday, September 29, 2006

time for 50 more...

i could live in a tree house. 1
i am definitely low-maintenance. 2
and surprisingly unfeminine. 3
i like artsy photographs. 4
and abandoned buildings/homes. 5
i had dance lessons for 9 years. 6
i want to learn more samba & salsa. 7
sleeping with my feet hanging off the bed is a must. 8
low brass instruments: awesome. 9
especially in the lord of the rings trilogy. 10
kids' books in foreign languages are fun. 11
driving fast! 12
the crisp smell of autumn in the air. 13
the sound of water. 14
canals--even though the water is disgusting. 15
lit, scented candles: everywhere! 16
books by c.s. lewis. 17
pain au chocolat avec coffee. 18
I DO NOT LIKE LADYBUGS!! 19
THEY STINK!!! 20
i love staying up late. 21
i am not good at listening to my alarm clock. 22
i found my dream fiets in my dad's bicycling magazine. 23
the fiets is even called "AMSTERDAM" 24
currently my job is: a substitute teacher. 25
i hope to make a decision about the near future of my life...soon. 26
when i was little,
i wanted to be a teacher so i could give kids bad grades. 27
honest! 28
i always sleep with my arms supporting my head. 29
when i was 8 or so, i fell down the stairs... 30
and a goose egg appeared on my forehead... 31
i'll never wear my mom's high heels walking up the stairs again! 32
i like falling asleep with the lights on... 33
and it's a bad habit! 34
just ask any roommates i ever had in life! 35
sometimes i sing in my sleep. 36
i start exercising, but can never stick to it longer than 2 months. 37
i would like to change that about myself. 38
i like waking up when no one else is awake. 39
i sleep with 4 pillows... 40
but only one of the smaller ones is used under my head. 41
praying over the internet chatting w/someone is different... 42
but it still works (right, magda?). 43
i don't like my clothes right now. 44
i want to see more countries...now. 45
to see more of the beauty of the people and places God created. 46
i want to have a life companion. 47
i want to be able to see all my friends in the same place and time. 48
i want to finish this list. 49
i think i'll still want to make another one... 50
funny--a lot of the items/thoughts in this list were about sleep. am i getting enough? or too much? ik weet het niet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's cool...
when i wrote my 50 facts- I learned a lot about myself... but I don't know if I can do another 50.

If you sleep with your legs hanging off the bed... how did you do it in Holland? I mean- you slept on the loft.

oh my everything!!! said...

heehee. oh dalena! a few times my feet hung off the loft...

so i guess it really only happens when i'm in a bed.

i think it all comes down to this: i like having a lot of space to stretch out when i sleep!

SusanaL said...

Ladybugs make great candles, though...specially on birthdays!!! :) and are great lighting for pictures too :)

Nynke said...

nr.3 - wasn't I the one who told you that?
nr.7 - I'm starting salsa lessons this week! :)

I hope you're well, I will call or e-mail you soon!

Anonymous said...

laurissa!
i don't know if you'll get this, but i MISS you tons! it has been WAY too long since we spoke. i was thinking about it the other day, and i think it's been nearly 6 months! REDICULOUS ! I will call you soon (this weekend)! so, i hope i catch yoU! love you sooooo much, laura