Thursday, January 05, 2006

from amsterdam to america

i'm in america.
i'm not in amsterdam.

america feels like a vacation.
amsterdam feels like a home i'll be returning to.

at some point amsterdam will feel like an intense time that was long and beautiful, joyous and hard...
and america will once again be a 'home' to me as i get involved in life here.

my mind wanders to where i want to be...
and the reality is that i am here.

and at this point in time 'here' is where God wants me.
so i will accept it...through all of the emotions in my heart and all of the experiences running through my mind.

2006 is still empty and formless---it hasn't all happened yet...! pray for God's spirit to hover over this year--over everything!

"teach us that Your grace is sufficient...from day to day and moment to moment..." amen.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Laurissa, I miss you. Thank you for your hug through Meghan. And here a special Tina hug back to you.
Thank you for your goodbye letter. At the moment I'm not really here -I don't know where I am. I think you know these big changes here in the staff house. I write you soon an email. Laurissa, I love you and thank you so much for the time with you :)keep laughing, you're strong. Your feet are telling so.

justmeghs said...

love you and i'm praying for you! and tina's comment about your feet made me laugh.

Nynke said...

Lieve Laurissa,

I miss you already! I always loved it when you called me 'knuffel'!
I had my last shift yesterday. I feels weird. Ever since I feel a fear of being alone. So I guess I'm gonna hang out with people a lot during the coming days.
Could you send me your home adress and your phone number? I'd loe to write you, or call you!
Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say HI!!!! Miss you!!

Susana

PS: "I will put sinews upon you, make flesh grow over you, cover you with skin, and put spirit in you so that you may come to life and know that I am the LORD"(Ezekiel 37) - this is what HE will do with your plans, the ones that please HIM!

Anonymous said...

Laurissa,
I can relate to every single thing you write (except for the America part- actually I'm in Poland ;)
I'm getting crazy!
But good to know that I'm not the only one.