Wednesday, October 05, 2005

question

to ask for the mercy of God...
means what to you?

2 comments:

Marco said...

When I ask God for mercy there is something very interesting that happens: He reveals to me that I am much more sinful that I think, but He also reveals that it's all right.

Part I: I'm much more sinful than I think. It's so easy to think that I'm OK (I mean, I don't steal, don't lie, don't get drunk, generally try to be a reasonably nice guy, etc.). But when God shines His light into my soul, and shows me the REASONS for why I do things that I do, it's not pretty. I'm not sure that I ever do something as a pure act of worship or humility. There's always pride, self-advancement, selfishness, etc., hidden in even the most noble and righteous things I do.

Part II: It's all right. God knows what I am. He knows that it is impossible for me to do otherwise. If it were possible for me to be good, I wouldn't need Jesus. God has all the time in the world to make me into what I was meant to be. He's not waiting until I shape up before accepting me. He has accepted me already, and is taking full responsibility for shaping me up.

This is the Mercy of God as I experience it in my daily life.

oh my everything!!! said...

awesome response, marco. i've been waiting and waiting for people to respond...i hope more people will...cuz i'm sincerely just curious about what people think.

but how about asking for the mercy of God in each day? what do you think that means?...and how necessary is it to ask for the mercy of God each day?